Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Voice of Clothing

Have you ever found an article of clothing that made you pause and imagine what the person who would wear it was like? I have, many times. Ever since I was little, I have loved clothes, not just for the way they look, but also for the stories they have filled my imagination with. Sometimes it is an almost ethereal dress that catches my eye and whispers tales of a beautiful young fairie girl who hides in the misty woods near my house. Other times it is a tailored tweed jacket, or a wonderfully vintage silk dress that calls up images of old Hollywood glamour and excitement. In more recent months, I have grown more and more enchanted with classic lolita clothing and accessories, all of which promise lovely tales if I will only stay and listen. I have a weakness for clothing and the stories I gather from it, but unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately - my fascination is held somewhat in check by my limited bank account. Enter my growing number of projects I have done to recreate the items that have so far captured my eye. Some of these projects have turned out even better than anticipated, and so in order to share my methods with others who also hear the whisper of a fairlylike dress but are not terribly well off financially, I have finally decided to start a blog offering tutorials for creating clothes and other items at home. Hopefully this will help some poor soul in need of a little direction.
Until next time. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment