Saturday, November 28, 2015

Rustic Winter Wonderland Centerpiece DIY

It's almost Christmas again, which means, among other things, that it's time to start decorating for the season at my place of work. This year I wanted to switch things up and ditch the table centerpieces we normally use- for one, I don't really like them, and they also don't match the color scheme we currently have. However, any replacement centerpieces would have to be fairly inexpensive since we need a lot of them. My solution? These rustic beauties. Ready to find out the price & how to make them?
With the materials you need available at dollar stores, one centerpiece will run you about $5, or a little less if you already have some of the materials on hand. Each successive centerpiece will cost only $2.50.
You will need:
* Scissors
* Scotch tape
* String - $1 (jute or sisal would be pretty, I just used a thin string I already had on hand.)
* Brown paper - $1 (Again, I was lazy. I just cut up a brown paper bag for this.)
* Deer Christmas tree ornament - $1 for a set of two
* A tall candle - $1 (I used a basic alter style candle)
* Small glass vase or dish, check the craft/floral section - $1
* Cedar sprigs, about 6 to 8 sprigs about 6" to 8" long (Not sure where to find them? I took a walk through the woods.)

                       
First, cut a length of paper to wrap around the vase and secure it with a bit of tape. I made it a little taller than the vase so that it wouldn't show when finished.

Add a string bow to dress it up a little.
Add your candle and cedar sprigs. *The cedar will usually curve a little, if you have all the ends curve in the same direction it will make the finished piece a little more symmetrical. 


Nestle your little deer into the cedar to complete it, and you're done!
Replicate as needed. 

Cedar and candles are a classic, so the theme has spilled over to other areas now.... Bonus points- it smells wonderful in here now! Enjoy your winter wonderland! 


No comments:

Post a Comment